Monday, December 24, 2012

HAPPY KRINGLE – and thank you so much

I’m taking the day off, so if you clicked in and expected the usual Monday post sprawling out in front of you, I am kind of sorry. I am also kind of breaking a string of 88 weeks in a row of new stuff to chat about, so to some extent I failed (yeah, right).
I’m not a religious dude, but I stick to the tradition of Xmas, believing more in presents and Santa, than the birth of any child – no disrespect what-so-ever. So from the old country, it’s a relaxed day today, the 24th of December, consisting of brunch, a long walk around a local lake in a local park, a hot chocolate and cookies break, with a view.
Then it’s home, getting the music and candles going, while the fireplace is roaring and crackling. I’ll probably take a nap and then it’s time to prepare some ham, my special potato-dish, red cabbage, a special bottle of wine (thanks Brian & Moyra), some presents (yeah, I know what they are – all of them), some dessert and then bed. I like Xmas – I really do; and Xmas smells so great; don't you think?
And this is where I want to yet again thank all of you for reading and following my blog. I am in so much humble awe – I really am. 19 months ago I just meant to communicate with our few friends and family, perhaps 10 to15 page-views weekly. It is soon reaching 10,000 from over 102 countries (and you are welcome to count them - I certainly would) - go figure…
ALBANIA
ALGERIA
ARGENTINA
AUSTRALIA
AUSTRIA
BAHRAIN
BANGLADESH
BELARUS
BELGIUM
BOLIVIA
BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA
BRAZIL
BULGARIA
CANADA
CHILE
CHINA
COLOMBIA
CROATIA
CYPRUS
CZECH REPUBLIC
DENMARK
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
ECUADOR
EGYPT
EL SALVADOR
FINLAND
FRANCE
GABOR
GEORGIA
GERMANY
GREECE
GUERNSEY
HONDURAS
HONG KONG
HUNGARY
INDIA
INDONESIA
IRAN
IRAQ
IRELAND
ISRAEL
ITALY
JAMAICA
JAPAN
JERSEY
KAZAKHSTAN
KENYA
LATVIA
LEBANON
LITHUANIA
MALAYSIA
MALDIVES
MAURITIUS
MEXICO
MOLDOVA
MONACO
MYANMAR (BURMA)
NETHERLANDS
NEW ZEALAND
NIGERIA
NORWAY
OMAN
PAKISTAN
PANAMA
PERU
PHILIPPINES
POLAND
PORTUGAL
PUERTO RICO
QATAR
ROMANIA
RUSSIA
RWANDA
SAUDI ARABIA
SENEGAL
SERBIA
SEYCHELLES
SINGAPORE
SLOVAKIA
SLOVENIA
SOUTH AFRICA
SOUTH KOREA
SPAIN
SUDAN
SWEDEN
SWITZERLAND
TAIWAN
TANZANIA
THAILAND
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
TURKEY
UGANDA
UKRAINE
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
UNITED KINGDOM
URUGUAY
USA
UZBEKISTAN
VENEZUELA
VIETNAM
YEMEN
ZAMBIA
Now, if you didn’t find the one you are from, please let me know. And again, thank you for your interest – and did I mention the thing about me being in awe?
All my best to you and your families, friends and the people you find inspiring; this is especially a good time to let them all know that you care (well, if you do, duh...)
With respect and warm wishes,
Peter B. Steiness
Now if you have withdrawal symptoms and crave reading one of Peter's posts, here's an appropriate link to one about Santa - enjoy

SANTA - I finally know the truth

No comments:

Post a Comment